The mission of the California Sheep Commission is to create a positive and distinct awareness of California sheep, lamb and wool products and to enhance the economic well being of its producers through promotion, education, research, and protection of sheep.
- Objective I – Increase demand and consumption of California lamb
- Objective II – Increase demand for California sheep seed stock
- Objective III – Promote the use of sheep as tools to be used to enhance the environment
- Objective IV – Support access to existing and development of new pharmaceuticals
- Objective V – Support techniques and disseminate information in the production of sheep
- Objective VI – Improve reproductive efficiency and genetic base of the California sheep population
- Objective VII – Development of positive nutritive facts about California lamb
- Objective VIII – Support wool and meat by-product development
- Objective IX – Develop educational materials
Watch our video for more about the benefits of the California Sheep Commission.